In case you haven’t heard the news – I think we might be getting some sort of “snow” event tomorrow into Saturday. Just in case this is a real storm, here’s the deal here at the Stitch House for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More real-time updates, pictures, and funny comments can be found on our Facebook Page.
Friday: Stitch House will be open at 10am but closing at 6pm. Get in here early – after you buy your bread, milk and eggs, you can get your fill on yarn and more yarn!
- We are happy to get your weekend knitting ready for you – call and we’ll bring it out to the car!
Saturday: Stitch House will be closed. All classes cancelled.
- Knit 101 students will just continue with their sessions next week.
- Sew Intensive Students will be rescheduled to Saturday February 16 & 23, 10-2pm.
- Men’s Knit Night postponed. A new date will be announced next week.
- Katie’s afternoon class postponed until next Saturday.
Sunday: We will be open 12-6pm and ready to welcome you all back!
- Sunday: Crochet Workshop- marks the start of Jeanne’s “Part II” Crochet workshops. Now that there is a growing group of you ready for the next step in crochet, Jeanne invites you to join her Crochet Workshop. On Sunday, February 10 from 3-5pm. She’ll be working with you to make the One Row Lace Cowl. This class is not for those wanting to learn to crochet; Jeanne has designed this for those who have completed an Intro to Crochet class and know the basics! $20 session.
- Sunday: Stitch House Quilt Club– We’re in the process of a new project for Winter 2013! Join the Stitch House Quilt Club and make Red Pepper’s Zig Zag Quilt. The Stitch House Quilt Club is designed for new, beginner, and advanced sewers looking for good company, conversation, and guidance to complete a stunning quilt. This is a casual workshop: members receive assistance while at Stitch House, but are expected to be fearless of making “mistakes.” There is no grade for your finished project. Upcoming meeting times: Sunday, February 10th 3-5pm, Wednesday, February 13th 1:30-3:30 pm AND 6-8pm, Friday, February 15th 5-7pm.
Tonight I will get to the post office if you’d like to get our February Project of the Month in the mail.
You will get free shipping on our February Project of the Month: Drop Stitch Cowl in Knit Collage’s Rolling Stone. Make this great cowl and pick your colorway: Sangria Wine, Rain Dance, Boho Dance, Woodstock, Poppy Patch, Shooting Star, Buttercup Glow or Cactus Tree. One skein makes this great project (in less than two hours for most) for only $37 ($49 with needles 24″ circulars US 15). Email us or call and order this project and you will receive free Priority Shipping! It will be in the mail this evening and in your hands by the start of week and if you can -done in time for Valentine’s Day. This offer is good through February 15. If you would like to just purchase a finished cowl, check out Abi Gregorio’s finished cowls on Etsy. I made one and think it is great. I hope you like it!
February also means a lot of great happenings here at Stitch House. It all starts tomorrow tonight with:
Saturday: Sewing Help & Project Wrap-Up– (for former and current Intro to Sew students) Did you plan to get farther along in your project and not quite get there? Or, are you looking for some extra time on a special project? Register NOW for this one-day workshop designed for you and your projects in mind. Saturday, March 2 from 12 noon – 3pm. $15 a session. Pre-registration required. The next offering will be Saturday, April 6 from 12-3pm.
Saturday: Knitting Skills with Katie- Join Katie Saturdays this winter as she shares her impressive knitting skills. Expand your knitting knowledge and branch out with new techniques. Classes run Saturday afternoons, 3-5pm. $20, not including materials. Next Saturday Katie is running a Cables and Charts class from 3-5pm. Let us know if you want to attend…there is a little homework to do if you have time.
Sew Intensive for Beginners and New Sewers – So you want to learn to sew or continue developing your skills? Pick your own project and get started. You will learn how to read and follow pattern instructions, cut out patterns, and make minor pattern alterations for a better fit. We start sewing the first week so come with a pattern and fabric ready to go. This class runs 2 Saturdays for $75 (does not include materials) Light lunch provided. Students bring pattern, fabric, thread (call or email for more info) ** February 16& 23, 10am-2pm ** March 9 & 16, 10am-2pm.
Introduction to Sewing – This four week class will give you experience in the basics of sewing so that you will have the knowledge and confidence to undertake projects on your own. You will learn how to understand and follow pattern instructions, cut out patterns and make minor pattern alterations for a better fit. In addition you will learn clothing construction fundamentals such as seams, darts, waistbands, zippers, buttonholes and hem techniques. $75 for instruction, students bring pattern, fabric, thread (call or email for more info). **Tuesday Mornings 10am-12pm, March 5, 12, 19, 26. ****Thursdays 6-9pm, March 7, 14, 21.
Crochet 101/102—Learn to crochet or work on expanding your crochet skills in this evening class. Jeanne can help you learn the basics and get you started on a project that will get you into the crochet groove. $75 includes 4 weeks of instruction. Admission is “rolling” meaning you may start your 4 weeks any Wednesday evening, 6-8pm.
Get To Know Your SEWING MACHINE PLUS!— GTK PLUS is a 2 hour workshop to familiarize yourself with either your personal sewing machine, or ours. We’ll introduce you to the machine, including turning it on, threading it, learning the basic stitches and functions, and caring for it. We also will show you how to select appropriate new-sewer patterns, read them and measure yourself for a good fit. You will leave this session feeling good about your beginner skills, a handy packet of information to use at home and a starter project for your first sewing class with us. Even if you aren’t taking a sewing class with us, this is a great opportunity to learn a few basics. If you are bringing your own sewing machine- bring all the pieces and the manual (if you can find it!). If you don’t own a machine, come get to know our machines. This workshop also includes taking your measurements, picking appropriate patterns and how to select fabrics and notions. Class cost: $20. Pick one of the following sessions offered: Saturdays March 2, April 6, or May 4 10am – 12 noon OR Wednesday March 13 from 6-8pm OR Tuesdays, February 26, April 30, 10am-12noon.
We have so much happening here but if you don’t see something you like, either in classes or product, let me know. I want to provide you with the best experience here at Stitch House!
I hope to see you soon!